Saturday, March 19, 2011

Drawing with technology.

Although I have been using Adobe applications for more than ten years, and reached a level where I believe that I am good at using almost all of them, I do not consider myself an artist, not even close. Knowing how to use an application, Creating masks and applying filters, is one thing, however, being an artist and having special talents, like drawing, is a completely different thing.

During the past fifteen years I tried to improve my drawing skills by taking a couple of drawing classes, spending time practicing drawing, yet I am still at the beginning. Improving such skills is not easy, and could be impossible.

In January of 2007, I attended the Mac World Conferences in San Francisco, and that’s where I first saw and tested the Cintiq 21UX tablets. What an amazing tool.
I thought that this tool would help me speed up my work, especially when selecting objects in Photoshop. Again, I wished I had some drawing and artistic skills.

If there is anything I could advise those who have drawing skills, it is to try Cintiq 21UX tablets, and convert their work to digital files, and then the sky is the limit.
In this economy, and with this digital generation, combining artistic natural skills with technology will give you the upper hand over others.


(Yahya Alhaddad, a drawing artist. _ alhaddya@gmail.com)

2 comments:

  1. I agree using the Cintiq 21UX tablets will allow you to work naturally on a flat surfaces bringing your true visions to life. It allows the artist to free hand draw there design ideas with out having to truely understand how to use photoshop and other adobe softwares.i believe using the Cintiq 21UX tablets will allow all designer/artist to start and finish projects at a rapid pace while still being able to focus on what's important...........Marie A Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would absolutely love to get my hands on one of these tablets. i had heard of them a little while back and thought they were one of the coolest things i had ever seen. since it was my passion as a child and teen to draw paint and sculpt that ultimately lead me to were i am today as a graphic designer, being able to combine both the ease and professionalism of photoshop with the fun and enjoyment of free handing something would be one of the best things to ever happen to me.

    ReplyDelete